A Home Purchase Doesn’t End With The Keys
Please click on the appropriate project below to access your Homeowner Manual
About Your Home
Congratulations on your new Gramercy home!
To the left on this page are helpful links with information about taking care of your home.
DOWNLOAD the Homeowner Manual specific to your home by selecting “HOMEOWNER LOGIN” from the list on the left. Make sure you have our login information received at our Pre-Completion Inspection
Homeowner Services Procedure
Prior to your possession date, we will meet in your home for a Pre-Completion Inspection. This allows us to answer any questions you may have while noting items that may need to be completed or require attention before you move in.
Repairs throughout your first year of occupancy will be addressed via our Online Homeowner Services Request form accessed through the SERVICE CALL below.
The One-Year Warranty List is submitted by the homeowner close to the first year occupancy anniversary date. The submission procedure can be found in your online Homeowner Manual.
If you have a Service Call that needs immediate attention, please submit the item of concern through the Online Homeowner Services button.
Owner’s Duty to Mitigate & Maintain
All owners must exercise due care and caution regarding the maintenance of their new home and must take steps to mitigate damage, including damage caused by defects or water penetration.
As an owner, we ask that you do all that you reasonably can to limit damage – especially if a defect requires immediate attention. Failure to follow proper maintenance procedures or to mitigate damage will exclude those defects from warranty coverage.
In the event of an emergency related to gas, electrical, plumbing and heating issues or roof leaks, please contact Gramercy directly during business hours. After hours or on weekends, please call your Strata or Property Manager. For a synopsis of a few emergency situations and what actions should be taken please refer to your Homeowner Manual, Emergency Situations section.
Gramercy Developments Ltd. (Business Hours): 604.536.3069
RE/MAX Dwell Property Management (After Hours): 604.248.0752
Strata & Property Management
RE/MAX dWell Property Management
Contact Person: Michael Flader
Address: #270-4311 Viking Way, Richmond, BC V6V 2K9
We hope that you enjoy many years of comfortable living in your new Gramercy home. As an owner, please note these general maintenance items:
- Exterior (driveways, sidewalks and patios, site drainage and grading, drain & tile slump, landscaping)
- Exterior components (siding, caulking, windows, doors, weather-stripping, hardware, decking & handrails)
- Roof, gutters, and downspouts
- Structure (foundation, basement slabs and crawl space ground seals, wood frame)
- Interior finishes (floors, countertops & cabinets)
- Electrical system
- Heating and ventilation
For a complete list of items requiring general maintenance, please refer to your Homeowner Manual.
New Home Maintenance Schedule
We’ve found preventative maintenance up front can save time and money later on. To help you get the most out of your new home, we’ve prepared an easy-to-follow, comprehensive checklist that tells you what items you should inspect and when – monthly or quarterly. This information can is found in the back portion of your Homeowner Manual.
Sub-Trades & Suppliers List
A complete list of the sub-trade contractors, product manufacturers and suppliers that were used in the construction of your home and common areas is available in your Homeowner Manual. These companies and/or individuals provide a minimum one-year warranty for defects in material and/or labour. Click through to Homeowner Login to find the list there.
One Year List and Warranty
Your Gramercy home is covered by Travellers Canada 2-5-10 Warranty. This is three separate warranties – materials and labour; building envelope; and structural defects. We have provided a list of what is covered under your warranty here but for more complete details, please refer to your Travelers Guarantee Home Warranty Certificate received at your Pre-Completion Inspection.
MATERIALS & LABOUR WARRANTY
- In the first 12 months of the Warranty, for detached dwelling units or dwelling units in a multi-family building, coverage for any Defect in Materials and Labour. Submit your One Year Warranty List through the REQUEST BUTTON.
- In the first 15 months of the Warranty, for the Common Property, common facilities and other assets of a Strata Corporation, coverage for any defect in Materials and Labour.
- In the first 24 months of the Warranty,
- coverage for any Defect in Materials and Labour supplied for the gas, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning Delivery and Distribution Systems,
- coverage for any Defect in Materials and Labour supplied for the exterior cladding, caulking, windows, and doors that may lead to detachment or material damage to the new home or Common Property,
- coverage for any Defect in Materials and Labour which renders the new home unfit to live in, and;
- non-compliance with, or a violation of the Building Code if the non-compliance or violation:
- constitutes an unreasonable health or safety risk, or
- has resulted in, or is likely to result in, Material Damage to the new home.
BUILDING ENVELOPE WARRANTY – FIVE (5) YEARS
Coverage for the Building Envelope for up to five years for Defects in the Building Envelope of a new home, including a Defect which permits unintended water penetration such that it causes, or is likely to cause, Material Damage to the new home.
STRUCTURAL DEFECTS WARRANTY – TEN (10) YEARS
Coverage for Structural Defects for up to ten years for:
- Any Defect in Materials and Labour that results in the failure of a Load Bearing part of the new home, and;
- Any Defect which causes Structural Damage that materially and adversely affects the use of the new home for residential occupancy.
Not Included in your Warranty
There are a number of items are not covered under the materials and labour, building envelope or structural defects warranties, including normal wear and tear, negligence and accidental loss or damage from acts of nature. Below you will find a list of what is not covered under your warranty but for more complete details, please refer to your Travelers Guarantee Home Warranty Certificate or call us directly.
The Warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Weathering, normal wear and tear, deterioration or deflection consistent with normal industry standards;
- Normal shrinkage of materials caused by drying after construction;
- Any loss or damage which arises while the new home is being used primarily or substantially for non-residential purposes;
- Materials, labour, or design supplied by an owner;
- Any damage to the extent that it is caused or made worse by an owner or Third Party, including:
- Negligent or improper maintenance or improper operation by anyone other than the builder or its employees, agents, or sub-contractors,
- Failure of anyone, other than the builder or its employees, agents, or sub-contractors, to comply with the Warranty requirements of the manufacturers of appliances, equipment, or fixtures,
- Alterations to the new home, including the conversion of the non-living space into living space or the conversion of the new home into two (2) or more units, by anyone other than the builder or its employees, agents, or sub-contractors while undertaking their obligations under the sales contract, and,
- Changes to the grading of the ground by anyone other than the builder or its employees, agents, or sub-contractors;
- Failure of an owner to take timely action to prevent or minimize loss or damage, including the failure to give prompt notice to Travelers Guarantee of a Defect or discovered loss or a potential Defect or loss;
- Any damage caused by insects or rodents and other animals, unless the damage results from non-compliance with the Building Code by the builder or its employees, agents, or sub-contractors;
- Accidental loss or damage from acts of nature including, but not limited to, fire, explosion, smoke, water escape, glass breakage, windstorm, hail, lightning, falling trees, aircraft, vehicles, flood, earthquake, avalanche, landslide, and changes in the level in the underground water table which are not reasonably foreseeable by the builder;
- Bodily injury or damage to personal property or real property which is not part of the new home;
- Any Defect in, or caused by, materials or work supplied by anyone other than the builder or its employees, agents, or sub-contractors;
- Changes, alterations, or additions made to the new home by anyone after initial occupancy, except those performed by the builder or its employees, agents, or sub-contractors under the construction contract or sales agreement, or as required by Travelers Guarantee;
- Contaminated soil;
- Subsidence of the land around the new home or along utility lines, other than subsidence beneath footings of the new home or under Driveways or Walkways;
- Diminution in the value of the new home;
- Landscaping, both hard and soft, including plants, fencing, detached patios, gazebos and similar structures;
- Non-residential detached structures including sheds, garages, carports or outbuildings, or any structure or construction not attached to or forming an integral part of a multi-unit building or the new home;
- Any commercial use area and any construction associated with a commercial use area;
- Roads, curbs, and lanes;
- Site grading and surface drainage, except as required by the Building Code;
- The operation of municipal services, including sanitary and storm sewer;
- Septic tanks or septic fields;
- The quality or quantity of water, either from a piped municipal water supply or from a well;
- A water well, but excluding equipment installed for the operation of a water well used exclusively for the new home, which equipment is considered to be part of the plumbing system for the new home;
- Damage caused or made worse by the failure of an owner to take reasonable steps to mitigate any damage.
Click the SERVICE REQUEST button if you would like to submit your One Year Warranty List or if you have a Service Request that cannot wait until the One Year. (details in your Homeowner Manual here online)Request