Aldergrove is a little urban escape parked between Langley and Abbotsford. Our new homes have an Abbotsford address, but are located within the community of Aldergrove…when you “map it” on your handheld you’ll see what we mean. It is less than a 20-minute drive to downtown Langley (we love the Little White House & Co.) and less than a 15-minute drive to downtown Abbotsford (can you say Duft and Co. chocolate croissant?). With a population of around 13,000, Aldergrove has all the great places you need right in your backyard. In fact right down the street from our new project is a Safeway, Starbucks, Gas Station, pet store, Subway and a whole bunch more. Furthermore, if you need to get out and be in nature, Creekside park is a hop, skip and a jump away. It’s the perfect place to get away from it all yet feel like you’ve got everything you need.
Abbotsford – 14 minutes
Langley – 20 minutes
Pitt Meadows – 27 minutes
Surrey – 33 minutes
Maple Ridge – 33 minutes
New Westminster – 35 minutes
Chilliwack – 35 minutes
Coquitlam – 40 minutes
Delta – 45 minutes
Burnaby – 45 minutes
Richmond – 50 minutes
Vancouver – 60 minutes
Seattle, WA – 2 hours
Can we talk about the snow in the Lower Mainland?! As a homeowner, its important to check and make sure that exposed pipes don’t freeze or burst. This can cause serious flooding and/or water damage and that would be bad!
Here are some basic steps you can take to reduce potential risks:
- Identify problem areas. Pipes most at risk for freezing are those that are exposed or uninsulated or located in either exterior walls or the outside of your home.
- Make sure your garden hose is disconnected from your outside faucet. A frozen garden hose can cause an interior pipe to burst because it expands and puts increased pressure on your plumbing system.
- Add insulation to exposed pipes in unheated areas such as attics or garages.
- Consider rerouting pipes that have proven to be troublesome in the past.
- If you’re planning to be away from your home for any length of time, make sure your furnace does not dip below 13 degrees Celsius (55 degrees Fahrenheit). You should also turn off your main water supply and drain the system to avoid possible leaks. (This can be done by turning on all faucets and flushing all toilets.)
So far, we are working on clearing the land and letting the community know there is something special coming to their neighborhood.
We’ve put our first information sign up on the property (you may have already seen it) and registration is well underway. We are finalizing really great floorplans that take into consideration what’s needed in a townhome today. No detail is being left to chance! We are putting the finishing touches on new specs we’ve discovered and cool features we think will resonate with Gramercy home buyers. As more details develop, we’ll be sure to keep you posted! Its been fun getting to know the Aldergrove community and all it has to offer…so green and beautiful!
As an interested potential purchaser looking for a home, we also want to keep you up-to-date on the latest in real estate news. The BC Government is now helping first-time home buyers get into the housing market. They have started a new program that loans a home buyer the matched amount to their down payment, up to $37,500, on an interest free loan for the first 5 years. Wow, that’s a lot to take in! If you are a first-time home buyer, this is definitely something you are going to want to look into!